Friday, July 19, 2013

Adam Bodor interview

I do not think of this when I write, nor do I think of the reader, it would only cause problems, as speculation, or even calculation, would enter the creative process, depriving writing from its virginity, its original value. I only obey my own artistic expectations when I write, and when I tell only as much as I do. This may sound as a facile procedure, but I only keep in mind the fact that I am not omniscient, I cannot always look behind the facade of things and characters, I do not know everything about the real motives of the story. So it is the sheer spectacle that remains, often with certain riddles and gaps that the reader may or may not fill. I must pay attention to providing the reader's imagination with data that make her the writer's partner to a certain extent.

No comments:

Search This Blog

My Blog List