A Writing Geek

So, who is a real writer, and what is real writing?

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

I'm publishing a novel on Medium - one new chapter every single day. It's my Day 69.

Serendipity and After/69

Posted by Mrinal Bose at 5:11 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Subscribe To

Posts
Atom
Posts

Search This Blog

Labels

Bengali literature "2666" 1Q84 'A' literature Alice Munro Arundhati Roy interview $665000 advance 10 forbidden classics 2010 Nobel Prize winner in literature A Suitable Boy A.S.Byatt Aagunpakhi Aamer Hussein Adam Bodor interview Alasdair Gray interview Ali Sethi Amitav Ghosh interview Anne Enright on Failure Arundhati Roy on fiction Bolano's last interview Carlos Fuentes dies Chinua Achebe interview Cormac McCarthy Dave Eggers on publishing Deborah Levy on writing and reading Dumitru Tsepeneag Eleanor Catton wins the Man Booker Prize 2013 Franz Kafka's dog story George Saunders and his editor Gunter Grass's 1990 diary an unremarkable man

My Blog List

  • Page Views
  • Bloom
  • Blog of a Bookslut
  • Asylum
  • Books LIVE
  • BookDragon
  • Publishing the World
  • An Anthology of Clouds | Every book I read this year.
  • OMNIVORACIOUS
  • stevereads
  • the Literary Saloon
  • Quarterly Conversation
  • Page-Turner
  • INTREPID WRITER
  • Gawker Review of Books
  • Arabic Literature (in English)
  • The Passive Voice - Latest Updates
  • A Newbie's Guide to Publishing
  • Fiction Writers Review | An online literary journal by, for, and about emerging writers.
  • Asian Books Blog
  • NYRBlog - The New York Review of Books
  • Salon.com

Featured Post

No to Literary Fiction, Yes to Porn

I've spent years writing books. Novels, no less. And for what? I'm turning my hand to the one thing that pays. Sex. Lydia Millet...

Total Pageviews

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map


”Shadowland is not only an important historical novel, documenting the corruption, indifference and impunity that defined the final years of communist rule in West Bengal, it is also a significant anthropological document, rich in detail of the economic, religious, familial, political, and social realities of ordinary life on the periphery of post-colonial Kolkata. It is also an entertaining and well-written story of one man's struggle against the absurdities of modern life.” Janam Mukherjee, PhD Anthropology and History, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor.

A young Hindu woman's breathtaking story of immigration from strife-torn Bangladesh to India

Popular Posts

  • He has a literary quote on his wall
    " I have a quote here on my wall by Henry James in which he says, 'We work in the dark, we do what we can, we give what we have. Ou...
  • Reading: Gavity's Rainbow by Thomas Pynchon
    Thomas Pynchon's Gavity's Rainbow has 902 pages, and is a difficult novel to read. I've always wanted to read it. But only rece...
  • Jose Saramago News
    I'm equally excited and disappointed that Jose Saramago, the Nobel Laureate, has started a blog since Sept 17. Excited because I can...
  • Reading: ALEEK MANUSH by Syed Mustafa Siraj (Bengali novel)
    I have heard of this novel long since, but only recently had the chance to read it through. Gripping from the very first line, original an...
  • How Ruskin Bond celebrated his 80th birthday
    For me, every day is a new awakening. On my 80th, I greeted the early morning sun, watered my plants, wrote a page or two, salu­ted the wo...
  • No to Literary Fiction, Yes to Porn
    I've spent years writing books. Novels, no less. And for what? I'm turning my hand to the one thing that pays. Sex. Lydia Millet...
  • Naveen Kishore Quote
    "I publish what I wish to. My presence in the U.K. and the U.S. is in itself an interesting reversal of traditional market strategies...
  • "I want people who can make magic" / Gordon Lish
    I want people who can make magic. That’s what the job at hand is. To take the elements of the language, to take these tarnished and exhaust...

Twitter Updates

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    • ►  2018 (1)
      • ►  February (1)
    • ►  2017 (8)
      • ►  October (4)
      • ►  July (1)
      • ►  June (1)
      • ►  January (2)
    • ▼  2016 (85)
      • ▼  October (28)
        • SHADOWLAND: Publishing Notes
        • I'm publishing a novel on Medium - a new chapter e...
        • I'm publishing a novel on Medium - a new chapter e...
        • I'm publishing a novel on Medium - one new chapter...
        • I'm publishing a novel on Medium - one new chapter...
        • I'm publishing a novel on Medium - one new chapter...
        • I'm publishing a novel on Medium - a new chapter e...
        • I'm publishing a novel on Medium- a new chapter ev...
        • I'm publishing a novel on Medium - a new chapter e...
        • I'm publishing a novel on Medium - a new chapter e...
        • I'm publishing a novel on Medium - a new chapter e...
        • I'm publishing a novel on Medium, a new chapter ev...
        • I'm publishing a novel on Medium - a new chapter e...
        • I'm publishing a novel on Medium - a new chapter e...
        • I'm publishing a novel on Medium - a new chapter e...
        • I'm publishing a novel on Medium - a new chapter ...
        • I'm publishing a novel on Medium - a new chapter e...
        • I'm publishing a novel on Medium - a new chapter e...
        • I'm publishing a novel on Medium - a new chapter e...
        • I'm publishing a novel on Medium - a new chapter e...
        • I'm publishing a novel on Medium - a new chapter e...
        • I'm publishing a novel on Medium - a new chapter e...
        • I'm publishing a novel on Medium, a new chapter ev...
        • I'm publishing a novel on Medium - a new chapter e...
        • I'm publishing a novel on Medium, a new chapter ev...
        • Read: Serendipity and After/46
        • Read: Serendipity and After/45
        • Read Serendipity and after/44
      • ►  September (7)
      • ►  August (5)
      • ►  July (7)
      • ►  June (10)
      • ►  May (6)
      • ►  March (2)
      • ►  February (10)
      • ►  January (10)
    • ►  2015 (137)
      • ►  December (10)
      • ►  November (13)
      • ►  October (18)
      • ►  September (14)
      • ►  August (18)
      • ►  July (12)
      • ►  June (12)
      • ►  May (10)
      • ►  April (5)
      • ►  March (9)
      • ►  February (6)
      • ►  January (10)
    • ►  2014 (80)
      • ►  December (4)
      • ►  November (7)
      • ►  October (8)
      • ►  September (9)
      • ►  August (9)
      • ►  July (13)
      • ►  June (14)
      • ►  May (4)
      • ►  March (1)
      • ►  February (2)
      • ►  January (9)
    • ►  2013 (176)
      • ►  December (5)
      • ►  November (17)
      • ►  October (16)
      • ►  September (16)
      • ►  August (12)
      • ►  July (20)
      • ►  June (17)
      • ►  May (13)
      • ►  April (13)
      • ►  March (14)
      • ►  February (15)
      • ►  January (18)
    • ►  2012 (182)
      • ►  December (22)
      • ►  November (21)
      • ►  October (23)
      • ►  September (25)
      • ►  August (13)
      • ►  July (14)
      • ►  June (14)
      • ►  May (9)
      • ►  April (12)
      • ►  March (8)
      • ►  February (8)
      • ►  January (13)
    • ►  2011 (92)
      • ►  December (5)
      • ►  November (5)
      • ►  October (5)
      • ►  September (5)
      • ►  August (11)
      • ►  July (4)
      • ►  June (9)
      • ►  May (17)
      • ►  April (6)
      • ►  March (8)
      • ►  February (8)
      • ►  January (9)
    • ►  2010 (80)
      • ►  December (7)
      • ►  November (5)
      • ►  October (11)
      • ►  September (4)
      • ►  August (7)
      • ►  July (12)
      • ►  June (8)
      • ►  May (6)
      • ►  April (3)
      • ►  March (4)
      • ►  February (8)
      • ►  January (5)
    • ►  2009 (122)
      • ►  December (6)
      • ►  November (5)
      • ►  October (8)
      • ►  September (9)
      • ►  August (8)
      • ►  July (15)
      • ►  June (7)
      • ►  May (13)
      • ►  April (11)
      • ►  March (11)
      • ►  February (11)
      • ►  January (18)
    • ►  2008 (71)
      • ►  December (11)
      • ►  November (12)
      • ►  October (15)
      • ►  September (11)
      • ►  August (4)
      • ►  July (5)
      • ►  June (8)
      • ►  May (2)
      • ►  March (2)
      • ►  February (1)
    • ►  2007 (23)
      • ►  December (2)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  September (1)
      • ►  August (5)
      • ►  July (7)
      • ►  June (7)
    Travel theme. Powered by Blogger.